speak ~ act ~ live ~with gratitude

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Smoke

Sometimes the smoke gets in your eyes....I remember hearing that song when I was younger.  With all of the fires surrounding us, the smoke in my eyes is a constant reminder of how grateful I am that even though the fires are only a few miles away, that we haven't had to evacuate.

Our quirky little farmhouse.  I love it.  It has it's moods and I would love to know how old it is.  The plumbing is strange, old clay pipes.  Because of this, tree roots have grown in and they are replacing some of the pipes in the ground.

I am so glad that we are renting and that we don't have to pay for those pipes. 

Shon's strange little office.  It makes me claustrophobic, but he loves small spaces, and it does have a charm of it's own.  It is kind of like a bat cave and a tree house all in one. 

The kids take a bus home....Hallelujah!  It was funny, they have images on the bus's here instead of numbers, so my instructions to Lissie were, take the penguin shuttle from the high school to the middle school where you and Toby will take the pig bus.  The look on her face was priceless.  With a raised eyebrow she replied, "let me get this straight, I need a penguin to take me to a pig to get home? I guess we do live in the country now." 

I love, love, love Hamilton, smoke and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment