speak ~ act ~ live ~with gratitude

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I love to embroider and it makes me think of my Nan.  She taught me when I was really young...I don't remember when exactly but I know I was under 7.  I don't think that I would have that much patience.  She then saved my very first project and sewed it into a pillow for my 16th birthday.  I still have it. 

I love all of the embroidery floss colours.  DMC has the greatest variegated flosses.  Embroidering makes me feel as if I am drawing with thread and needle. 

I love to make things.  I makes my soul feel fuller. 

I found an old crewel work kit at goodwill that had never been opened.  It had the clock frame, mechanisms, hands, frame and wools...all for 5.50.  It gets better...it was on sale for 1/2 off!  I am embroidering it now, using threads instead of yarn.  It is so pretty and funky.  I also painted the frame.  It will be the perfect clock for my little office area.  I found it on ebay...it is such a happy clock.  On ebay it sold for 16. and change and then 10 more for shipping...man I LOVE a good deal!

1 comment:

  1. Like me, you have too many hobbies. We will never get them all perfected but we sure have fun trying and we are pretty darn good at all of them huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete