speak ~ act ~ live ~with gratitude

Monday, October 1, 2012

So sad that my Nan is dying.  But I was lucky enough to catch her in a short lucid moment tonight to tell her that I love her, and she said it back.  It makes my heart hurt to hear this bright vibrant sassy woman barely able to speak, and so weak.  I hope that she is able to just slip away in her sleep.  She has always been so independent and I know that she would be mortified is she knew what was going on with her body.  I am glad that my mom was able to go down.  I am glad that I made it a point to call her so often and I am glad that she and my dad made peace. 

Bummed  that Ali is leaving tomorrow, but happy that he has a job interview...hoping that it pans out for him.

Happy that I found a bus ticket for a good deal so that I am not driving him round trip.

Glad he will be able to take his driving test in Billings because we couldn't get him on the schedule for here, Stevi or Missoula for another two weeks.

More boxes put away.

Lissie loves her drama team.

A wonderful find for 10 dollars at the thrift store, a set of 18 Griffith milk glass spice jars....My tin lids are worn and I love it, I have the original stand too. From what I read, Griffith made them from 1939 through the 1950's



The labels on mine are not stickers, they look like this



Mine are a set of 18 and I LOVE them!

I also found a large 18 inch wooden spool like this for 2.00.  Someone had wrapped green yarn around it and tied a plaid strip of cloth and a tin star.  None of it glued hallelujah.  I actually like the tin star too, just not on that. 




Hugs from Toby.

No comments:

Post a Comment